Web Designs



Web Designs





1- Actus3D Web Design







This week I was designing the website for the company I am currently working, www.actus3d.com, a provider of 3D Laser Scan Services and Consulting. It is a new company and mostly of  the information it has, was previously publish here in this blog. That is because I start to collaborate with the President John Smits when he created Actus3D.





I am going to describe above the steps I was following to design the website and also the difficulties I found. I hope it be useful for the next new web designers.







1- Create a domain, in this case we choose the site GoDaddy:






GoDaddy




2- Find a Host that give us IP, Server, FTP and own webmail. We choose HostGator, and it has the option to create a site in Wordpress. 








HostGator





3- Download FileZilla, a free Server to conect our host account and transfer files and upload the website:








FileZilla




4- Download Artisteer, a great software to create your website without codes! It has many possibilities to design your own template. The only disadvantage is that it has some limitations and finally you have to change some html codecs by hand, like erase the flash header from the no home pages...








Artisteer 3




We create our own background in photoshop and add the logo and contact information for the header of the website:










Photoshop CS5




This is the part of the html codec of each page that I had to erase to eliminate the flash header where I do not want to see it:












Notepad++








I would like to say that the FTP site I add to the website for some reason is not working properly with Internet explorer but it has no problem with Firefox or Crome, probably for the firewall of Windows explorer. Finally, I realize that my ip address was wrong in the page I was trying to redirect from the web to de ftp server. But anyway, the clients can have some problems to access from internet explorer. The solution I have is a word file with the instrucctions they have to follow to access without problems from Windows explorer.











2- Grammas Consultants Web Design





I design the website for the part of architecture in my current office too. First of all, we chage the DNS of our domain in GoDaddy for the ones that we have in Hostgator, (the sames that I used with the first domain). After that, we add the new domain, www.grammasconsultants.com, to the one we have already in our host in our control panel. Then I create a new database and user for this domain.











Automatically, appers in my Filezilla windows a new folder in my public_html folder for the new website.











Everything easy, I design my own template in Artisteer and copy the files to the folder in the server and "buala", web ready!










By the way I design the logos and business cards for both companies too:




 









Please, visit the websites and leave your comments! Thank you!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

8 Best CMSs for building a well structured social networking website

Fallingwater House Tour